All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRunner up in Teach Secondary's Techlogy and Invation Awards 2014 sponsored by Lego, Brilliant Ideas for using ICT in the Inclusive Classroom provides lots of simple practical ideas showing teachers and support staff how they can use ICT to boost the achievement of all pupils. How can you use ICT to boost the achievement of all your pupils? This practical teachers' guide will help you to unlock the ermous potential of new techlogy in order to enhance pupils' learning, particularly for young people with additional needs. Written by two of the UK's leading techlogy experts, this invaluable and newly updated resource will enable you to use ICT effectively to make lessons more accessible, motivating and fun. With fifty illustrated case studies and twenty starter activities, this practical resource will help you to introduce new techlogy into the inclusive classroom. It has been specifically designed to help develop your pupils' key skills, such as problem solving, developing concepts and communicating to different audiences. In each activity, the authors show why and how a particular resource was used and show how similar techniques can be implemented to open up the curriculum to your learners. The authors include timely and realistic advice on how to use a range of techlogies from the cheap and cheerful - and even free - to more sophisticated and specialist packages. Find out about: * Apps * Blogging * Digital animation * Podcasting * Digital storytelling * Wikis * Geocaching * Coding * Games and gaming * Sat nav * Art packages * Twitter Whether you're already tech-savvy or looking to get started with ICT, this book is full of brilliant ideas on how to engage learners of all abilities using techlogy. If you're looking for inspiration on how to integrate creative uses of ICT with the curriculum, this book will prove invaluable.
- Author BiographySally McKeown is an award-winning journalist and author who specialises in disability. She has taught in schools and colleges, supporting students with a wide range of learning needs, and now runs training courses for charities and educators. Angela McGlashon is a former teacher, Senior Lecturer at Anglia Ruskin University and the University of Essex, local authority adviser, business manager and trainer for a variety of software companies. She is now a freelance consultant working with many mainstream and special schools.
- Author(s)Angela McGlashon,Sally McKeown
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDavid Fulton / Nasen
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note72 black & white illustrations, 67 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.