All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Uncle Ben's Dublin business fails, it's clear to Gloria and Raymond that something is wrong. He just isn't his usual cheerful self. So when the children overhear their granny saying that the Black Dog has settled on Ben's back and he won't be OK until it's gone, they decide they're going to get rid of it. Gathering all their courage the children set out on a midnight quest to hunt down the Black Dog and chase it away. But they aren't the only kids on the mission. Loads of other children are searching for it too, because the Black Dog is hounding lots of Dublin's adults. Together - and with the help of magical animals, birds and rodents - the children manage to corner the Black Dog ...but will they have the courage and cleverness to destroy the frightening creature?
- Author BiographyBestselling author Roddy Doyle is acclaimed across the world. He was born in Dublin in 1958 and still lives there today. Much of his work, including BRILLIANT, is set in the city and is about the unexpected, and often challenging, lives of ordinary Irish people - but it appeals to readers all over the world. Roddy Doyle has won many prizes for his writing. These include the Booker Prize (for which he has also been shortlisted), and a BAFTA for Best Screenplay. He has also won the Irish Children's Book of the Year and was shortlisted for the prestigious 2013 CILIP Carnegie Medal. His novel The Commitments was turned into a blockbuster film directed by Alan Parker. It will open as a musical in Dublin and in London in 2013, directed by Jamie Lloyd. His latest adult novel, The Guts, a sequel to his renowned Barrytown trilogy was published to critical acclaim in summer 2013. BRILLIANT is his seventh children's book.
- Author(s)Roddy Doyle
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Out-of-print date05/06/2015
- Weight342 g
- Width138 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.