All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionBrill's Companion to Ancient Greek Scholarship aims at providing a reference work in the field of ancient Greek and Byzantine scholarship and grammar, thus encompassing the broad and multifaceted philological and linguistic research activity during the entire Greek Antiquity and the Middle Ages. The first part of the volume offers a thorough historical overview of ancient scholarship, which covers the period from its very beginnings to the Byzantine era. The second part focuses on the disciplinary profile of ancient scholarship by investigating its main scientific topics. The third and final part presents the particular work of ancient scholars in various philological and linguistic matters, and also examines the place of scholarship and grammar from an interdisciplinary point of view, especially from their interrelation with rhetoric, philosophy, medicine and nature sciences.
- Author BiographyFranco Montanari is professor of Ancient Greek Literature at the Universita degli Studi di Genova. He is the author of the Greek-Italian dictionary, to be published in English translation by Brill as Brill's Dictionary of Ancient Greek in 2015. He has published monographs and articles and co-edited volumes on Homer, Ancient Greek scholarship and Greek papyri, including Brill's Companion to Hesiod (2009; with A. Rengakos and Chr. Tsagalis). Stephanos Matthaios is assistant professor of Ancient Greek at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He has published a monograph and a series of articles on ancient scholarship and linguistics. He is co-editor of the volume Ancient Scholarship and Grammar (De Gruyter, 2011; together with F. Montanari and A. Rengakos) and associate editor of the Encyclopedia of Ancient Greek Language and Linguistics (EAGLL; Brill, 2014). Antonios Rengakos is professor of Greek at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He has published monographs and articles and co-edited volumes on Homer, Greek historiography and Hellenistic poetry, including Brill's Companions to Apollonius Rhodius (2008; with Th. Papanghelis), to Thucydides (2006; with A. Tsakmakis) and to Hesiod (2009; with F. Montanari and Chr. Tsagalis).
- Date of Publication18/02/2015
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleBrill's Companions in Classical Studies
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight2603 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine89 mm
- Edited byAntonios Rengakos,Franco Montanari,Stefanos Matthaios
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.