All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHere are more than 60 tales that exemplify, support, and promote the strong values and character traits that we wish to instill in our youth today. They also support the character education that is being mandated in state after state throughout the country. Grouped into 12 sections based on specific values, such as love, perserverance, fairness, and cooperation (with a separate chapter on dealing with bullies), these tales have been passed down through the ages in diverse cultures and traditions from all over the world-from Japan and India to Greece, Scotland, Africa, and the Americas. There are folktales, fables, Zen Buddhist tales, stories from the Judeo Christian Bible-even true historic tales. At the end of each section, educator and storyteller Norma Livo offers activity ideas and suggestions for discussions pertinent to specific stories and values. In addition, there is an appendix of general activity ideas that can be used in character education.
- Author BiographyNORMA J. LIVO, Professor Emerita, School of Education, University of Colorado, Denver, has written numerous award-winning books and articles and has a national following as a storyteller. She has served on the board of directors for the National Storytelling Association and in 2002 received the National Storytelling Network's coveted Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Author(s)Norma J. Livo
- Date of Publication30/04/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight394 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.