All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you looking for ways to get your students and yourself excited about poetry again? Are you tired of teaching the same old poems in the same old way? This book offers a wealth of ideas and support for ways to really bring poetry alive, drawing on what is kwn to work, and exploring exciting fresh ideas. It will help you to teach poetry with imagination and confidence, so that you can try new things whilst still meeting national curriculum requirements. Written by people who have taught poetry in different settings for many years, and with contributions from poets Michael Rosen and James Carter, this book offers ideas on: - using drama - cross-curricular working - what to do with younger learners - inspiring children to write their own poems - and much more ! An enjoyable and uplifting book, it is a must for anyone working with children aged 5 to 14 who is looking for inspiration for their poetry teaching.
- Author BiographyMichael Lockwood is Senior Lecturer in English and Education, University of Reading.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight431 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichael Lockwood
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $13.55Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.