Bringing Tuscany Home: Sensuous Style from the Heart of Italy by Edward Mayes, Frances Mayes (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.72+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionI always imagine each of the sigras who lived in this house where she shelled peas, rocked the grandchild, placed a vase of the pink roses. Now I would like to take one of these women back to my house in California to show her how Bramasole traveled to America and took root, how the doors there are open to the breeze from San Pablo bay and to the distant view of Mount Tamalpais, how the table has expanded and the garden has burgeoned The bard of Tuscany (New York Times) w offers a lavishly illustrated book for everyone who dreams of integrating the Tuscan lifestyle from home decoration and cooking, to eating and drinking, to gardening, socializing, and celebrating into their own lives. When Frances Mayes fell in love with Tuscany and Bramasole, millions of readers basked in the experience through her three bestselling memoirs. Now Frances and her husband, In Tuscany coauthor Edward, share the essence of Tuscan life as they have lived it, with specific ideas and inspiration for readers stateside to bring the beauty and spirit of Tuscany into their own home decor, meals, gardens, entertaining and, most important, outlook on life. In her inimitable warm and evocative tone, Frances helps readers develop an eye for authentic Tuscan style, with advice on how to: Choose a Tuscan color palette for the home, from earthy apricot tones to invigorating shades of antique blue. Personalize a room with fanciful door frames, unique painted furniture, and fresco murals. Cultivate a Tuscan garden, adding fountains, vine-covered pergolas, and terra-cotta urns among the herbs and flowers Select the best Italian vi. (Frances describes lunches at regional vineyards and imparts tips for pairing food and wine.) Create an atmosphere of irresistible, anytime hospitality a casa aperta (open home). Make primo finds at local antiques markets. (And to help truly bring Tuscany home, shipping advice and market days for several Tuscan towns are included.) Set an imaginative Tuscan table using majolica and vintage linens. Enjoy the abundant flavors and easy simplicity of the Tuscan kitchen, with details on everything from olive oil and vi santo to pici and gcchi, plus special homegrown menus and recipes. Make the most of a trip to Tuscany, visiting Frances s favorite hill towns, restaurants, small museums, and other soothing places. With more than 100 photos by acclaimed photographer Steven Rothfeld (including several of the Mayes s California home and its Tuscan accents), twenty-five all-new recipes, and lists of resources for travelers and shoppers, Bringing Tuscany Home is a treasure trove of practical advice and memorable images.
- Author BiographyIn addition to the two-million-copy bestseller Under the Tuscan Sun, FRANCES MAYES is the author of Bella Tuscany and In Tuscany; Swan, a novel; The Discovery of Poetry, a text for readers; and five books of poetry. EDWARD MAYES is the author of six books of poetry. They divide their time between the San Francisco Bay Area and Cortona, Italy. STEVEN ROTHFELD s photos appear in Frances Mayes s annual Tuscan Pleasures desk calendar, and he has illustrated many books and calendars, including his own French Dreams, Italian Dreams, Irish Dreams, and Entrez. He lives in California s Napa Valley.
- Author(s)Edward Mayes,Frances Mayes
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1120 g
- Width213 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Photographer(s)Steven Rothfeld
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.