All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionBringing Up Baby, directed by Howard Hawks in 1938, is one of the greatest screwball comedies and a treasure from the Golden Age of Hollywood. Peter Swaab's original exploration of the film shows that at the heart of this classical comedy is a story as alarming as it is exhilarating, a dream of irresponsibility and a vindication of letting go.
- Author BiographyPETER SWAAB ?is Reader in English at University College London, UK. He was co-editor of Thorold Dickinson: a world of film in 2008, and his other recent books include editions of Sara Coleridge's Collected Poems (2007) and Edward Lear's Selected Nonsense and Travel Writings (2005) for Carcanet Press, and The Two Noble Kinsmen (2009) for the Penguin Shakespeare.
- Author(s)Peter Swaab
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication19/11/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleBFI Film Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Content Notebiography
- Weight226 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.