All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn February 2011, Sara Connell's mother, Kristine Casey, delivered the greatest gift of all to her daughter -- Sara's son Finnean. At that moment, 61-year-old Kristine -- the gestational carrier of Sara and her husband Bill's child -- became the oldest woman ever to give birth in Chicago. Bringing in Finn is the incredible story of one woman's hard-fought and often painful journey to motherhood. In this achingly honest memoir, Connell recounts the tragedy and heartbreak of losing pregnancies; the process of opening her heart and mind to the idea of her 61-year-old mother carrying her child for her; and the profound bond that blossomed between mother and daughter as a result of their unique experience together. Moving, inspiring, and ultimately triumphant, Bringing in Finn is an extraordinary tale of despair, hope, forgiveness, and redemption--and the discovery that when it comes to unconditional love, there are limits to what can be achieved.
- Author BiographySara Connell is an author, speaker, and life coach with a private practice in Chicago. A frequent media contributor, Sara has appeared on Oprah, NPR, WGN, and FOX News Chicago, and will soon appear on Good Morning America, Nightline, and The View. Sara's writing has been featured in: ELLE, Good Housekeeping, Parenting, Psychobabble, Evolving Your Spirit, and Mindful Metropolis. Her first book, Bringing in Finn: An Extraordinary Surrogacy Story, was nominated for ELLE magazine's 2012 Book of the Year. Visit Sara at her website, saraconnell.com, and on Facebook. She lives in Chicago, IL.
- Author(s)Sara Connell
- PublisherAvalon Publishing Group
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width143 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementFirst Trade Paper Edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.