All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive guide to the architecture of the center of the City of Bristol encompasses all the significant buildings of the area: the cathedrals; key civic buildings; medieval, Georgian, and Victorian churches; commercial and industrial buildings; the university precinct; and the topography of the port. The book also covers the inner suburbs, including Clifton, Kingsdown, St Pauls, St Philips, Bedminster, and Hotwells. Short excursions provide a sample of the riches of five surrounding areas, Kingsweston House, Blaise Castle and hamlet, Tyntesfield, Ars Vale, and Ashton Court Mansion. Throughout the book, significant new research findings are incorporated to illuminate the full range and variety of Bristol's architecture.
- Author BiographyAndrew Foyle is an independent historian. He was previously a local history researcher at Bristol City Museums and Art Gallery.
- Author(s)Andrew Foyle
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication24/08/2004
- Series TitlePevsner Architectural Guides: City Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note50 illustrations, (120col)
- Weight570 g
- Width121 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.