All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
- AU $23.08Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionBased on new and existing archival documentation, this book provides a detailed analysis of the British attitude to Bonn s Eastern and inner-German policies during the period of detente and the CSCE. Each chapter analyses the evolution of British policy on a particular issue area, making detailed comparisons of British and West German archival sources and outlining the main aspects of the British view of West Germany s relations with the Soviet bloc states and the German Democratic Republic. Drawing upon the archives of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and of the West German foreign ministry, this book sheds new light on some of the more occult aspects of the British attitude to the German question and reveals the problems faced by British decision-makers in seeking to maintain Britain s close ties with Bonn, while being hardly enthusiastic about the long-term prospect of German reunification. This volume addresses issues of East-West and Anglo-German relations, the role of NATO, and the debate among the Western allies on relations between the two German states during the period of detente.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Luca Ratti is Assistant Professor in History of International Relations at the University of Rome III and Adjunct Professor in International Relations at the American University of Rome. He holds a Ph.D. in International Relations from Cardiff University. His main research and teaching interests are international history, international relations theory, European security and transatlantic relations. He is the author of Italy and NATO expansion to the Balkans: an examination of realist theoretical frameworks and of numerous academic articles and book chapters.
- Author(s)Luca Ratti
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.