All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
About this product
- DescriptionOn 23 June 2016 Britain voted to leave the European Union. To understand this important outcome and resulting Brexit, we need to kw what the EU does and find out about its past relationship with Britain. This comprehensive guide is an ideal introduction to the concept of the EU for readers aged 10 and up. It explores what the EU is, how it was formed, how it governs, its member states, its citizens and its role in Europe and the wider world, with a particular focus on Britain's relationship with the EU. It includes a chapter exploring the results of the Brexit referendum, looking at the pros and cons of being a member and what the future hold for Britain, post-Brexit. It concludes with a detailed factfile on every country that is currently a member of the EU, as well as a glimpse at possible future member states, such as Turkey.
- Author BiographySimon Adams was born in Bristol and studied at London and Bristol universities. He then worked as an editor of children's reference books before becoming a full-time writer 18 years ago. Since then, he has written and contributed to more than 70 books on subjects as varied as American history, the sinking of the Titanic, the two world wars and the history of jazz. He has written for many major children's publishers including Dorling Kindersley and Kingfisher. His work for Watts includes titles in the Citizen Guides, Flashpoints, World War One and World War Two series as well as, most recently, Countries in the News. He lives in London, listens to lots of jazz, and is an avid reader of both fiction and non-fiction books.
- Author(s)Simon Adams
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight516 g
- Width220 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.