All listings for this product
About this product
- Description2016 was t only the year of Brexit, the most important and contentious political event in Britain for decades. It was also the year of Trump and a tempestuous US presidential campaign, the European migrant crisis, NHS junior doctors' strikes, an ongoing terror threat from ISIS in Europe, turmoil in the Labour party, the Rio Olympics, the ascension to power of Theresa May and the rise (and fall, and rise) of Boris Johnson. In Britain's Best Political Cartoons 2016, all these news events and many more receive the satirical treatment of our finest cartoonists. This result is a hilarious, razor-sharp and essential companion to a momentous and tumultuous year.
- Author BiographyDr Tim Benson is Britain's leading authority on political cartoons. He runs The Political Cartoon Gallery and Cafe which is located near the River Thames in Putney. He has produced numerous books on political cartoonists, including Churchill in Caricature, Low and the Dictators, The Cartoon Century: Modern Britain through the Eyes of Its Cartoonists, Drawing the Curtain: The Cold War in Cartoons and Over the Top: A Cartoon History of Australia at War.
- Author(s)Timothy S. Benson
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectCartoons & Comic Strips
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Books
- Weight478 g
- Width180 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byTimothy S. Benson
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.