All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionBritain's Cold War Bombers explores the creation and development of the jet bomber, tracing the emergence of the first jet designs (the Valiant and Vulcan) through to the first-generation jets which entered service with the RAF and Fleet Air Arm. Each aircraft type is examined, looking at how the design was created and how this translated into an operational aircraft. The basic development and service history of each type is explained, with a narrative which links the linear appearance of each new design, leading to the present day and the latest generation of Typhoon aircraft. Other aircraft types covered are the Canberra, Sperrin, Victor, Scimitar, Buccaneer, Nimrod, Phantom, Sea Harrier, Jaguar, Tornado GR1/4 and Typhoon.
- Author BiographyTIM MCLELLAND is an experienced and recognised author specialising in military aerospace subjects. He is also the writer of numerous well-known titles and contributor to many leading aerospace magazines. McLelland has flown in a wide range of military aircraft such as the Tornado, Harrier and Lightning, and has also taken part in four Red Arrows display routines. McLelland is a Vulcan specialist and has many contacts connected with the aircraft type including crew and designers.
- Author(s)Tim McLelland
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note193 black & white and 66 colour photographs
- Weight935 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.