All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 'Confrontation' between Malaysia and Indonesia in Bornew (January 20, 2006), the war against Indonesian raids across a 900-mile border in some of the world's worst jungle terrain, eventually involved nearly 20,000 British and Commonwealth troops, with air and naval support; and yet, by mutual consent, it was astonishingly little reported at the time. This 'secret war' saw the perfection of SAS jungle tactics; a Parachute Regiment action described as 'a second Rorke's Drift'; and audacious secret missions deep inside enemy territory, including the award to a Gurkha soldier of the British Army's only 'living VC' for 40 years.
- Author BiographyWill Fowler has worked in journalism and publishing since 1972, reporting for European, American, Asian and Arabic magazines from Europe, the USA, the Middle East, China and SE Asia. Among his more than 30 published books is the best-selling MAA 133 Battle for the Falklands: Land Forces. A TA soldier for 30 years, he was commissioned from the ranks in 4th Bn Royal Green Jackets, and volunteered for Operation 'Granby' in the Gulf, 1990 91. In 1993 he graduated from the French Army reserve staff officers course at the Ecole Militaire, Paris. Will is married and lives in Romsey, Hampshire.
- Author(s)Will Fowler
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/07/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 431
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight190 g
- Width248 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kevin Lyles
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.