All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMecca was first on the scene with its die-cast Dinky Toys of 1933. Lesney's Matchbox series arrived twenty years later, at genuine pocket-money prices. And then in 1956 Mettoy's Corgi Toys appeared, packed full of astounding gimmicks. From incredibly humble beginnings - Lesney started life in a derelict rth London pub - the British toy car industry grew into a lucrative world-beater, with fierce rivalry developing between the three main brands: Dinky, Matchbox and Corgi. For the first time, Giles Chapman reveals the fascinating story behind the battle to dominate Britain's toy car industry, and the decline that drove it into history. Jam-packed with stalgic photographs, Britain's Toy Car Wars opens a particularly vibrant and cherished chapter in British cultural memory.
- Author BiographyGiles Chapman is an award-winning motoring writer whose books include My Dad Had One of Those.
- Author(s)Giles Chapman
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/2016
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note56 black & white illustrations, 72 colour illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width248 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.