All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first volume in an extraordinary trilogy of alternative history. In this, the first volume of rewned author and historian Peter G. Tsouras's alternative history trilogy, Great Britain's support for the Confederacy takes it to the brink of war with the Union. The escape of a British-built Confederate ironclad finally ignites the heap of combustible animosities and national interests. When the US Navy seizes it in British waters, the ensuing battle spirals into all-out war. Napoleon III eagerly joins the British and declares war on the United States. Meanwhile, treason uncoils in the North as the antiwar Democrats, kwn as Copperheads, plot to overthrow the US government and take the Midwest into the Confederacy. Britannia's Fist brilliantly describes t just a war of stroke and counterstroke but one in which new techlogies--repeating weapons, observation balloons, advances in naval ordnance and armament--become vital factors in the struggle of the young country against the Old World's empires. For one of the great missed stories of the Civil War was t the advance of military techlogy but its impediment by incompetence, disorganization, and in some serious cases outright refusal to contemplate anything invative. Britannia's Fist is the compelling story of powerful historical personalities who come together as the Union goes into total war mobilization in the fight for its life. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyPeter G. Tsouras is an historian who retired from the Defense Intelligence Agency, where he was a senior intelligence officer. He also served with the 1st Battalion, 64th Armor, in Germany. Tsouras is the author or editor of twenty-two books on military operations and alternate history.
- Author(s)Peter G. Tsouras
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleThe Britannia's Fist Trilogy
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note30 B&W photos
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.