All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSouth Asian textiles have shaped British fashion and dress for centuries, from the fashionable chintzes of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, through the silk and paisley Boteh patterns of the nineteenth century, to the orientalism of 1960s bohemian fashion. British Asian Style looks at the on-going importance of South Asian textiles to British culture and fashion, as styles move into the mainstream. Chapters by leading authors focus on contemporary British Asian designers, South Asian textile production and the presence of South Asian style in shops and urban spaces. Fully illustrated with a stunning array of images from the V&A's exceptional collections, alongside contextual and contemporary photographs from street fashion and the catwalk, British Asian Style is essential reading for anyone with an interest in fashion and textiles.
- Author BiographyChristopher Breward is Head of Research at the V&A. Philip Crang is Professor of Cultural Geography at Royal Holloway, University of London. Rosemary Crill is Senior Curator in the Asian Department at the V&A.
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication25/10/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Content Note180 colour illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChristopher Breward,Philip Crang,Rosemary Crill
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.