All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionOver 140 brand new B&B's are included in our new guide to wonderful Bed & Breakfast places across Britain. There's something for everyone here, from young families to young lovers, peace-seekers, walkers, cyclists, surfers and art and history buffs. Stay in a handsome townhouse or a quirky castle, a little terraced cottage or a university college, some are lavish, others simple. There are set rules, interminable checklists, hard and fast criteria for inclusion: we look for character, authenticity and owners who love people and go the extra mile. Each entry is special in its own way. One may have fabulous architecture and inspirational views, ather amusing hosts and delightful interiors; some have it all. Breakfasts will always be delicious: maybe eggs and bacon from down the road, soft fruits from the garden, homemade breads and jams, compotes and sausages. For this 20th edition we have included over 140 new B&Bs - many run by a new generation of owners bringing new ideas to the traditional B&B, many passionate about growing and rearing their own food, some offering creative courses in gardening and cookery too! Honest write-ups take the slog out of finding the right place for you, providing you with a trusted guide to the genuinely special places in Britain, be it somewhere perfect to take the dog, a child-friendly city bolthole or a gorgeous hideaway for two.
- Author BiographyAlastair has built a team of talented editors who are as committed as he is to the search for authenticity and personality in places to stay. They are also 'driving' the world's first carbon 'neutral' publishing company; the search for a reduced ecological footprint is a serious one. The company has won The Queen's Award for Enterprise in the Sustainable Development category, an award from Business Commitment to the Environment and a Green Apple Award and moved to its own eco-offices in January 2006.
- PublisherAlastair Sawday Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Series TitleAlastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlastair Sawday Publishing
- Out-of-print date01/09/2016
- Content Note650 colour illustrations, 13 maps
- Weight635 g
- Width128 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlastair Sawday
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement12th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.