All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- Description'Vintage' caravans have quite recently begun to attract much wider attention than they had previously enjoyed. Those that haven't collapsed in a forgotten heap long ago are being dragged out of hedges and barns and restored by enthusiasts to their full period glory. This book presents details of caravan manufacturers in Britain who started up before World War II. About half of them had ceased trading by 1939 and a number of others did t return to production after the War. All of them, 117 manufacturers from ABC to Yorkshire, and their products are included in these pages. Accompanying the text are more than 300 illustrations, a pleasing mixture of archive photographs with reproductions from manufacturers' advertising and publicity material, including some splendid period artwork. Published in association with The Caravan Club.
- Author BiographyRoger Ellesmere is a retired quantity surveyor. He remembers being taken by his parents in the mid-1950s to visit friends holidaying in a caravan at Ulrome on the East Yorkshire coast. Once inside, he was hooked, and caravans have been an abiding interest ever since.Later, he decided that as detailed a record as possible should be made of the mostly small and largely forgotten firms who have engaged in caravan manufacture in Britain. He was deterred from making a start due to the time commitment that would be required, but a spell of unemployment in 1996 provided the incentive to begin -- initially on a single work but subsequently split into two parts to enable the publication of this book, Volume One. His original estimate of the time commitiment was a grow under-estimate! Roger has been a Caravan Club member for more than 20 years.
- Author(s)Roger Ellesmore
- PublisherHerridge & Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBeaworthy
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHerridge & Sons Ltd
- Content Note100 colour photos, 200 colour illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.