All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Angus Wilson to Pat Barker and Salman Rushdie, British Culture of the Post-War is an ideal starting point for those studying cultural developments in Britain of recent years. Chapters on individual people and art forms give a clear and concise overview of the progression of different genres. They also discuss the wider issues of Britain's relationship with America and Europe, and the idea of Britishness. Each section is introduced with a short discussion of the major historical events of the period. Read as a whole, British Culture of the Postwar will give students a comprehensive introduction to this turbulent and exciting period, and a greater understanding of the cultural production arising from it.
- Author BiographyAlistair Davies teaches literature and film at the University of Sussex. He has published widely on British modernism, modernist poetics and contemporary literature. Alan Sinfield is professor of English at the University of Sussex. His recent publications include Literature, politics and Culture in Postwar Britiain (1997) and Out on Stage (1999).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 b&w photos
- Weight294 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byAlan Sinfield,Alistair Davies
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.