All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBritish Design brings together leading international scholars, designers and journalists to provide new perspectives on British design in the last sixty years, and how it at once looked back to the past with the continuation of traditions that spoke to Britain's design heritage, and looked forwards with the embrace of modernist and postmodernist style. The book responds to and develops new ways of understanding the recent history of design in Britain, with case studies on designed spaces and objects, including domestic interiors, retail spaces, schools and university buildings and transport. The contributors address significant moments and phemena in the historical and social history of British design, from the rise and fall of the English Country House style and the Brutalist architectural boom of the 1960s to the modern shopping space, and consider the work of key contemporary designers ranging from Tommy Roberts to Thomas Heatherwick. British Design provides new criticism and analysis on how design, from the immediate post-war period to the present day, has developed and changed how we live and how we interact with the spaces in which we live. British Design is split into 13 chapters and is richly illustrated with 65 images, 16 of which are in full colour.
- Author BiographyChristopher Breward is Professor of Cultural History at the University of Edinburgh and Principal of Edinburgh College of Art, both UK. Fiona Fisher is a researcher in the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture at Kingston University, UK. Ghislaine Wood is Deputy Director of the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, University of East Anglia, UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Out-of-print date28/10/2016
- Content Note49 bw and 16 colour illus
- Weight657 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChristopher Breward,Fiona Fisher,Ghislaine Wood
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.