All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the fifth volume of a detailed play-by-play catalogue of drama written by English, Welsh, Irish, and Scottish authors during the 110 years between the English Reformation to the English Revolution, covering every kwn play, extant and lost, including some which have never before been identified. It is based on a complete, systematic survey of the whole of this body of work, presented in chrological order. Each entry contains comprehensive information about a single play: its various titles, authorship, and date; a summary of its plot, list of its roles, and details of the human and geographical world in which the fictional action takes place; a list of its sources, narrative and verbal, and a summary of its formal characteristics; details of its staging requirements; and an account of its early stage and textual history. The years covered in this volume saw the consolidation of the Burbage and Shakespeare company as the King's Men, and the emergence of the Jacobean court masque.
- Author BiographyMartin Wiggins is Senior Scholar of The Shakespeare Institute, Stratford-upon-Avon. Educated at Oxford, he won the Charles Oldham Shakespeare Prize in 1984 and was Junior Research Fellow at Keble College, Oxford from 1987-90. He has been Fellow of The Shakespeare Institute since 1990. Has served as Associate General Editor of Oxford English Drama (1992-2008), and of The Philological Museum (2004 to date). Catherine Richardson is Reader in Renaissance Studies at the University of Kent. Her research focuses on the relationship between texts and the material experience of daily life in early modern England, on- and offstage. Previous publications include Domestic Life and Domestic Tragedy (Manchester University Press, 2006) and Shakespeare and Material Culture (OUP, 2011). She is editor of Clothing Culture 1350-1650 (Ashgate, 2004) and, with Tara Hamling, Everyday Objects: medieval and early modern material culture and its meanings (Ashgate, 2010).
- Author(s)Dr. Catherine Richardson,Martin Wiggins
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/02/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1098 g
- Width181 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.