All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is the first in a series of outstanding works from the permanent collection of works on paper at the Cleveland Museum of Art. It presents 50 highlights from the exceptional holding of British drawings, along with a small group of loans from private collections, ranging from the 18th century through the Edwardian period. Featuring works by artists such as Thomas Gainsborough, William Blake, J. M. W. Turner, and Edward Burne-Jones, this new volume represents the extraordinary range of possibility in working on paper. Important recent acquisitions include a highly finished wash drawing exemplary of John Flaxman's neoclassical style, an 18th-century double-portrait in pastel by Daniel Gardner, and a watercolour in pristine condition describing the Surrey countryside at sunset by Samuel Palmer. Fragile and light sensitive, opportunities to see such treasures are rare and for that reason are all the more to be celebrated. Many are published here for the first time.
- Author BiographyHeather Lemonedes is curator of drawings at the Cleveland Museum of Art.
- PublisherD Giles Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintD Giles Ltd
- Content Note72 Colour
- Weight1134 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.