All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe light infantry in America during the Seven Years' War saw some of the sharpest woods fighting and cruellest skirmishing ever encountered by the British army up to this time. In order to meet this challenge the need arose for a new breed of tough, resilient and independent soldiers who could move quickly and lightly, and be self-sufficient in the wilderness. This book recreates the story of the evolving light infantry corps, examining their training, tactics and campaigning. Learning from their Indian enemies, they became experienced trackers, hunters and marksmen, adept with caes, swshoes and tumplines. Their development was a watershed in the history of irregular warfare.
- Author BiographyLieutenant Colonel Ian McCulloch is a military historian, the former Deputy Director of History & Heritage, and now serves as the Special Assistant to the Director-General of Health Services for the Canadian Armed Forces in Ottawa. He has published historical articles in numerous North American journals and magazines and is finishing a book on the 7th Canadian Infantry Brigade in World War I.
- Author(s)Ian McCulloch,Tim Todish
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/12/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWarrior S.
- Series Part/Volume Number88
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note50 b&w and 8 colour illustrations, index
- Weight222 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Angus McBride
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.