All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing from a vast private collection of lorry manufacturers' sales brochures and publicity material, this book provides an enthralling history of the British lorry since the Second World War, covering all makes and their products, from AEC to Vulcan, from the revolutionary but w forgotten Jensen to the classic Bedford TK. The author gives a historical coverage of each manufacturer, with extensive technical detail on their vehicles, while the illustrations are a combination of outstanding colour artwork commissioned by the manufacturers and contemporary photographs. During the period covered there were approximately 40 manufacturers of commercial vehicles in the United Kingdom. Several were small or specialised firms with limited production, and others were absorbed into more successful companies. By 1965 only a few of even the larger firms remained, and individuality was fast becoming just a memory. In these pages all the firms, large and small, are remembered.
- Author BiographyRinsey Mills has owned AC sports cars, both pre-war and post-war, for forty years. He has restored some and raced others. His books include Original AC Ace and Cobra and Essential AC Cobra.
- Author(s)Rinsey Mills
- PublisherHerridge & Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/2006
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBeaworthy
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHerridge & Sons Ltd
- Content Note400 full colour illustrations
- Weight1070 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.