All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionMotor Gun Boats were the Spitfires of the Seas of the Royal Navy. Bristling with small-calibre guns and machine guns, they served in a variety of roles during the War. In the early war period they battled against German E-boats in the English Channel, then went on the offensive, searching the enemy shore for targets of opportunity. At other times, they ran support for Motor Torpedo Boats and were used to deliver commandos on various raids. Naval Warfare expert, Angus Konstam, tells the story of these small, but destructive boats, beginning with their design and development and carrying through to their operational use in both the European and Mediterranean theatres of World War-II.
- Author BiographyAngus Konstam is an acclaimed military and naval historian, and one of Osprey's most experienced and respected authors with over 35 titles in print. These Osprey titles include British Battlecruisers 1939-45, British Motor Torpedo Boats 1939-45, and the forthcoming two volume study; British Battleships 1939-45, all of which form part of the New Vanguard list. Other titles include Spanish Armada 1588, Pirates, British Forts in the Age of Arthur and Piracy: The Complete History. He has also written over two dozen larger book for other publishers.A former naval officer, underwater archaeologist and maritime museum curator, Angus has a long and passionate love affair with the sea, maritime history and warships. He makes regular television and radio appearances, and has held events at the Edinburgh International Book Festival. Angus is now a full-time writer and historian, as well as being a board member of the Society of Authors, and Publishing Scotland.For more details visit the author's website at www.anguskonstam.com The author lives in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Author(s)Angus Konstam
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/04/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 166
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight185 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tony Bryan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.