All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is the first of two volumes examining the artillery equipment of the British forces during the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, along with Wellington's campaigns in India. Throughout this period the British Army used both foot and horse artillery, generally using either the nine pounder gun or the 5.5 inch field howitzer. Also covered are the smaller field guns in the three and six pounder categories and the largest, the 12 pounder field gun. Wellington's campaigns in India were often conducted in conjunction with the armies of the Hourable East India Company, including the Bengal Horse Artillery. This title covers the design and development of the guns, the organization of the troops and their operational histories.
- Author BiographyChris Henry has been interested in military history since he was a small boy. His interest in artiliery developed whilst a volunteer worker at the Tower of London and he became Senior Curator at the Royal Armouries Museum of Artillery At Fort Nelson. He is now the Head of Collections at the Museum of the Royal Artillery. Brian Delf began his career working in a London art studio producing artwork for advertising and commercial publications. Since 1972, he has worked as a freelance illustrator on a variety of subjects including natural history, architecture and technical cutaways. Some of his recently illustrated books have been published in over thirty countries. Brian lives and works in Oxfordshire.
- Author(s)Chris Henry
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/10/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 60
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note41 b&w illustrations
- Weight176 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Brian Delf
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.