Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBritish government and politics today is a complex and fast-changing mix of the traditional and the new. This book replaces Contemporary British Politics and provides a concise, but definitive introduction to Britain's developing political institutions and processes. It explains in simple language the domestic and global pressures that have both helped to transform British politics and placed a question mark against the very future of the British state in its current form. Well-presented, including illustrations, charts and comparative boxes, the book has been comprehensively rewritten throughout, and includes coverage of the 2005 General Election.
- Author BiographyROBERT LEACH was a Principal Lecturer at Leeds Metropolitan University, UK, where he is now a Visiting Reader following his retirement from teaching. He has written extensively on British government, local government and ideologies. Recent publications for Palgrave Macmillan include Local Governance in Britain and Political Ideology in Britain. BILL COXALL was sometime Senior Lecturer in Humanities, Brighton University, UK. LYNTON ROBINS is Co-ordinator for Public Policy, De Montfort University, UK, and AQA Chief Examiner for Government and Politics A Level. He co-a
- Author(s)Bill Coxall,Lynton Robins,Robert Leach
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication18/04/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitlePalgrave Foundations Series
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Out-of-print date06/07/2011
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight962 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.