British Politics by David Richards, Dennis Kavanagh, Martin Smith, Judge Andrew Geddes (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifth edition of British Politics is a significantly expanded work that draws on the contribution of three new political scientists and redresses the balance between the historical context of British Politics and key theoretical debates. British Politics 5/e overcomes the traditional problem of looking at Britain in isolation and the narrow, institution-based approach to politics by re-focusing on the international context in which Britain operates, and the way in which globalization, Europeanization, and the marketization of the state have conditioned the nature of politics today. The text is both theoretically and practically informed, combining a descriptive account of the institutions and processes of the British political system with a lively and engaging discussion of new issues and policies. It addresses numerous contemporary topics, including the impact of a third term Labour Government; the threat to individual liberty in a post-9/11 world; the London 2005 bombings; Britain's destiny as a European partner; the implications of race and asylum-seeking; the growth and effect of direct action on the political system; and a health-check on democracy in an age of electoral decline. It also considers contemporary issues surrounding the public service; participation and representation; and democracy and accountability; while providing a detailed and accessible examination of a range of policy areas (ecomic, welfare, transport, education, law, immigration and defence) based on recent interviews conducted by the authors themselves with key political actors. ONLINE RESOURCE CENTRE For lecturers: seminar activities, essay questions, case studies, all figures and tables from the text. For students: antated web links, political commentaries, multiple-choice questions and a time-line.
- Author BiographyDennis Kavanagh is Professor of Politics at the University of Liverpool. David Richards is a Reader in Politics at the University of Sheffield. Andrew Geddes is Professor of Politics at the University of Sheffield. Martin Smith is Professor of Politics at the University of Sheffield.
- Author(s)David Richards,Dennis Kavanagh,Judge Andrew Geddes,Martin Smith
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/05/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteColour illustrations, boxes, figures, tables
- Weight1196 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.