CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe unique character of British Rail was the outcome of outstanding design work from teams of engineers, architects and designers over many decades. Every aspect of Britain's railways became part of the corporate design, t only its locomotives, trains and rolling stock, but also uniforms, liveries, posters etc. Inspired by Brian Haresnape's cult classic of the late 1970s, this new book tells the complete story of BR design and branding right up to the late 1990s. It covers firstly the challenge of nationalisation and corporatisation, then the complete branding of the network to include trains, rolling stock, staff, architecture, the development of BR corporate identity and then on to the 1990s when denationalisation brought a new requirement for design diversification. This beautiful book will be enjoyed by all those with an interest in commercial design and branding, as well as enthusiasts of the British Rail era.
- Author(s)David Lawrence
- PublisherIan Allan Publishing
- Date of Publication10/11/2016
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIan Allan Publishing
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.