All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe rifle corps of the British Army during the Napoleonic Wars are among the most recognizable of all the soldiers of that era. Their distinctive dark green uniforms are as familiar as some of their exploits which have achieved considerable fame through the large number of memoirs written by members of the rifle corps as well as in modern fiction, most tably the Sharpe series. Apart from their reputation as a corps d'elite, the riflemen were, in their time, at the very cutting edge of military techlogy and tactical theory. This volume uses first-hand accounts and evidence to give a soldier's eye view of the British rifleman, his life and work.
- Author BiographyPhilip Haythornthwaite is an author and historical consultant specialising in the military history, uniforms and equipment of the 18th and 19th centuries. His main area of research covers the Napoleonic Wars. He has written some forty books, including more than 20 Osprey titles, and innumerable articles and papers on military history, but still finds time to indulge in his other great passion: cricket. Christa Hook is one of Osprey's most popular illustrators, a reputation justly deserved given the perfect blend of attention to detail and narrative realisation that characterises her artwork. Her work for Osprey to date has covered subjects such as the daily life of the Norman knight, the key battles of the Napoleonic wars, and the life of the US cavalryman of the 19th century. Christa lives and works in Sussex, UK.
- Author(s)Philip J. Haythornthwaite
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/04/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWarrior S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 47
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note61 b&w and 10 colour illustrations, chronology, glossary, bibliography, index
- Weight200 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Christa Hook
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
- AU $36.69Trending at AU $37.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.