All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis series of three volumes provides a groundbreaking study of the work of many of the most invative and important British theatre companies from 1965 to the present. Each volume provides a survey of the political and cultural context; an extensive survey of the variety of theatre companies from the period, and detailed case studies of six of the major companies drawing on the Arts Council Archives to trace the impact of funding on the work produced. 1965-1979, covers the period often accepted as the 'golden age' of British Fringe companies, looking at the birth of companies concerned with touring their work to an ever-expanding circuit of 'alternative' performance venues. Leading academics provide case studies of six of the most important companies, including: * CAST, by Bill McDonnell (University of Sheffield, UK) * The People Show, by Grant Tyler Peterson (Brunel University London, UK) * Portable Theatre, by Chris Megson (Royal Holloway, University of London, UK) * Pip Simmons Theatre Group, by Kate Dorney (The Victoria and Albert Museum, UK) * Welfare State International, by Gillian Whitely (Loughborough University, UK) * 7:84 Theatre Companies, by David Pattie (University of Chester, UK).
- Author BiographyJohn Bull is the Professor of Drama at the University of Lincoln, UK. His many publications include Stage Right: Crisis and Recovery in British Contemporary Mainstream Theatre (1994). Recently, he was Associate Editor for Modern Drama on the New Oxford Companion to English Literature, and editor of the three volume series, British and Irish Playwrights Since World War II.
- Author(s)Dr. John Bull
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/12/2016
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleBritish Theatre Companies: From Fringe to Mainstream
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight467 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Series Edited byGraham Saunders,Dr. John Bull,Graham Saunders
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.