All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book explores the products of more than 50 truck manufacturers - from the very largest to the smallest and most obscure - during a period of takeovers, failures and invative new products. Containing over 120 mostly colour images - most of which have never been published before. Mergers, amalgamations and joint ventures have meant that the number of pan-European truck manufacturers can w almost be counted on the fingers of one hand. Modern legislation governing gross weights, emissions and operations, also mean that many of today's trucks are almost uniform. However, there was a decade when more than 50 truck manufacturers built a diverse range of sizes and configurations, the like of which will t be seen again. Increasing gross weights, the exploration of ultra-long haul routs, and the virtual doubling of engine power over the previous decade meant the '80s were a period of dramatic change. This book takes a look behind the scenes of some of the major players of the era, their successes and failures. Yet, it also covers smaller, often obscure manufacturers - such as those from former the Eastern Bloc, many of which were never seen outside their native countries.
- Author BiographyColin Peck has been collecting, restoring and writing about classic cars for almost 30 years. He has also been involved in the road transport industry since the 1970s and his knowledge of the subject extends from writing for magazines and books and working as a public relations consultant in the industry. His car books include The Last Real Austins and British Woodies, in the Those Were the Days series and his truck books include DAF Trucks since 1949 in the Truckmakers series, as well as Off-Highway and Construction Trucks and Trucks of the World Highways.
- Author(s)Colin Peck
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Series TitleThose Were the Days...
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note101
- Weight318 g
- Width205 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.