All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe access network is expected to be one of the major battlegrounds of telecommunications network operators, since upgrades of the existing narrowband access network will be the critical factor in supplying multimedia broadband services in a competitive market. The future broadband access network architecture needs to be flexible eugh to efficiently support the provision of a full set of broadband and narrowband services with a wide range of capacity demands. A wide range of broadband access techlogies are available. Furthermore, the key issues in the upgrading of the very cost sensitive access network are financial as well as techlogical, both for incumbent and new entrant operators. Thus, in order to identify minimum-risk introductory strategies the ecomic viability of access network broadband upgrades needs to be carefully assessed. However, despite the definite need for tech-ecomic evaluations, very few books have been published in this field. One of the reasons might be that broadband access network upgrading only very recently gained wide recognition as a key challenge for broadband delivery. Secondly, this kind of strategic work and these studies tend to be considered rather sensitive by operators, and thus both results and methodologies are t usually readily available. Thirdly, the work reported in this book in many respects was a major pioneering effort, which quite ambitiously aimed at modelling the whole life-cycle costs and revenue streams of access network upgrades, as opposed to several other efforts, which often are limited to pure investment cost comparisons.
- Author(s)Leif Aarthun Ims
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleTelecommunications Technology and Applications Series (Closed)
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight751 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.