All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJapan's high-speed Internet access services such as ADSL, CATV Internet and FTTH are considered the cheapest and fastest state-of-the-art services drawing international attention. In this book the author introduces the current status of broadband services in Japan and their recent development in competition policy. An ecometric model is proposed and discussed to analyse access demand. The purpose of the analysis is to understand quantitively the current status of the rapidly developing Japanese broadband services while providing an academic and practical basis for conceiving prospective competition policies. The book is composed of three parts. The first part introduces the diffusion of current Broadband services, the ecomics of network industries and related ecometric model analysis. The second part elucidates in detail the development of fixed-line broadband services, IP phone services as well as mobile phone services. The third part consequently investigates the migration among broadband services, the fixed and mobile convergence and the digital divide problem.
- Author BiographyTakanori Ida is Professor of Economics at Kyoto University, Japan.
- Author(s)Takanori Ida
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Global Competition
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 106 black & white tables, 23 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.