All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe focus of this book is broadband telecommunications: both fixed (DSL, fiber) and wireless (1G-4G). It uniquely covers the broadband telecom field from techlogical, business and policy angles. The reader learns about the necessary techlogies to a certain depth in order to be able to evaluate and analyse competing techlogies. The student can then apply the results of the techlogy analysis to business (revenues and costs, market size, etc) to evaluate how successful a techlogy may be in the market place. Techlogy and business analyses lead to policy analysis and how government deal with rolling out of broadband networks; content (such as text, audio and video) delivered over them. Furthermore, how government may ensure a competitive and fair environment is maintained for service provision. The book is unique in its approach as it prepares the student to evaluate products from three different viewpoints of techlogy-business and policy. The book provides a unified vision for broadband communications, offering the required background as well a description of existing broadband systems, finishing with a business scenario. The book breaks new ground by discussing telecommunication techlogies in a business and policy context.
- Author BiographyRiaz Esmailzadeh, Associate Professor, Carnegie Mellon University, Adelaide, Australia. Prof. Riaz Esmailzadeh is highly qualified to write on broadband telecommunications technologies and management. He has been active in the telecommunications industry for more than 27 years, from a research engineer, to research manager, entrepreneur, educator and consultant. Moreover he has worked with different segments of the industry: operator (Telstra), manufacturer (Hitachi and Ericsson), content and software (Genista), policy (operator license for IPMobile), education (Keio and Carnegie Mellon Universities), IPR (Apple), and general consulting (numerous). Over this period Riaz has applied for 50 patents, 25 of which have been granted, a number of which are essential to the operation of 3G and 4G mobile networks. He is also an author of more than 50 peer reviewed articles and three books on broadband communications technology and management.
- Author(s)Riaz Esmailzadeh
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2016
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight720 g
- Width171 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.