All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUpdated in its 5th edition, Papper's Broadcast News and Writing Stylebook is the first and most widely used handbook in broadcast news. This book clearly and concisely outlines the rules of broadcast news writing, reporting, grammar, style, and usage. With chapter-by-chapter coverage of story types, from business stories to crime and legal reporting, education, government, health, the environment, weather, and sports, the Broadcast News and Writing Stylebook lays out the particular demands of composition, form, style, and usage in all the diverse areas of broadcast news. Because the news business has changed -- and continues to evolve -- so has this text.Written by the person who has overseen the major industry research for the past 18 years, the latest edition looks into the future of news by exploring the business of news. Citing the latest data and trends, the book takes a hard look at where the industry stands and where it appears to be headed.
- Author BiographyBob Papper is professor and chair of the Department of Journalism, Media Studies, and Public Relations at Hofstra University. A graduate of Columbia College and the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism, he has worked as a producer, writer and manager at television stations in Minneapolis, Washington, DC, San Francisco, and Columbus, Ohio.
- Author(s)Robert A. Papper
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/01/2012
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight366 g
- Width162 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.