All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes when I can't stand on my own two feet Or the voices in my head feel cracked and incomplete I turn up the volume of my Broken Beats The Big Heavy Bass sends moves flowing to my feet Melodic rhymes fill my head and make me feel oh-so-sweet Cos my Broken Beats help me feel alive And t so Broke and Beat. The Broke 'n' Beat Collective is a unique mash up of hip-hop, theatre and puppetry which brings together four amazing artists: beat-boxer Hobbit, b-boy LoGisTics , singer/rapper Elektric and puppeteer Mohsen to form The Broke 'n' Beat Collective. Written by Keith Saha, a playwright and the co-artistic director of 20 Stories High, and Sue Buckmaster, the Artistic Director of Theatre-Rites, The Broke 'n' Beat Collective is a unique theatrical experience filled with gripping tales, transfixing poetry and hip-hop puppetry. Funny and moving, it is a raw and moving play that explores the hardships faced by young people in the UK today. This edition was published to coincide with a national tour of the play which opened in February 2016 in a coproduction between 20 Stories High and Theatre Rites.
- Author BiographyKeith Saha won the Brian Way Award 2011 for producing the UK's best new play for children and young people with his play Ghost Boy, a co-production with Contact and Birmingham Rep. His highly inventive, hard-hitting and challenging work fuses Hip-hop theatre with puppetry. Keith Saha is the Artistic Director of Twenty Stories High, a theatre company based in Liverpool. His play Melody Loses Her Mojo is published by Bloomsbury Methuen Drama Sue Buckmaster is the Artistic Director of Theatre-Rites, a young people's theatre company. She is a director, puppetry specialist and teacher, and has worked with the National Theatre, Royal Shakespeare Company, Young Vic, Sadler's Wells, South Bank Centre and Complicite.
- Author(s)Keith Saha,Sue Buckmaster
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication09/02/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight97 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.