All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur brains do amazing things: they determine our actions, our thoughts and our feelings. We may t always realise it, but the brain is central to the way we experience life. So what happens when brain circuits break? What are the consequences for our behaviour and personality? From Parkinson's disease to Tourette's syndrome, and depression to psychopathy, Broken Brains reveals the mysteries of brain function - and dysfunction. In this -nsense introduction, Ian Mitchell takes you on a tour through the sometimes devastating, and sometimes bizarre, effects of what happens when brains break down. Highly readable and packed with anecdotes and real examples from neurosurgery, it brings biological psychology to life, making it the perfect introduction to understanding the brain and what happens when things go wrong.
- Author BiographyIan Mitchell is Senior Lecturer in the School of Psychology at the University of Birmingham, UK. He has published over 100 papers and book chapters on topics as diverse as the neurobiology of Parkinson's disease, programmed cell death, social cognition and the neurobiology of psychopathy. His work has been funded by the ESRC, MRC, Wellcome Trust, Parkinson's Disease Society, McDonald Pew Foundation and Dystonia Medical Research Foundation. His passion for brains is shared by his wife, a Consultant Neurosurgeon.
- Author(s)Ian Mitchell
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/10/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note29 diagrames, 7 black & white halftones, 3 black & white tables
- Weight332 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.