Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy name is Peter Grant, and I am a keeper of the secret flame -- whatever that is. Truth be told, there's a lot I still don't kw. My superior Nightingale, previously the last of England's wizardly governmental force, is trying to teach me proper schooling for a magician's apprentice. But even he doesn't have all the answers. Mostly I'm just a constable sworn to enforce the Queen s Peace, with the occasional help from some unusual friends and a well-placed fire blast. With the new year, I have three main objectives, a) pass the detective exam so I can officially become a DC, b) work out what the hell my relationship with Lesley Mai, an old friend from the force and w fellow apprentice, is supposed to be, and most importantly, c) get through the year without destroying a major landmark. Two out of three isn t bad, right? A mutilated body in Crawley means ather murderer is on the loose. The prime suspect is one Robert Weil, who may either be a common serial killer or an associate of the twisted magician kwn as the Faceless Man -- a man whose previous encounters I've barely survived. I've also got a case about a town planner going under a tube train and ather about a stolen grimoire. But then I get word of something very odd happening in Elephant and Castle, on a housing estate designed by a nutter, built by charlatans, and inhabited by the truly desperate. If there's a connection to the Crawley case, I'll be entering some tricky waters of juristiction with the local river spirits. We have a prickly history, to say the least. Just the typical day for a magician constable.
- Author BiographyBen Aaronovitch was born in London in 1964 and had the kind of dull routine childhood that drives a man either to drink or to science fiction. He is a screenwriter, with early notable success on BBC's leg3endary Doctor Who, for which he wrote some episodes now widely regarded as classics, and which even he is quite fond of. After a decade of such work, he decided it was time to show the world what he could really do, and embarked on his first serious original novel. The result is Midnight Riot, the debut adventure of Peter Grant, followed by Moon Over Soho. He can be contacted vis his website, http: //www.the-folly.com/.
- Author(s)Ben Aaronovitch
- PublisherPenguin Audiobooks
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleRivers of London Novels
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Audiobooks
- Weight204 g
- Width132 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Read byKobna Holdbrook-Smith
- Contained items statement8 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time600
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $39.26
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $18.32Trending at AU $19.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.23
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.35
- AU $30.54Trending at AU $31.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.