All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe true story of how ABC broadcaster Craig Hamilton stared down his demons to survive a mental breakdown. Broken Open is the story of ABC sports broadcaster Craig Hamilton and how, on the eve of the biggest undertaking of his career, he suffered a complete mental breakdown. Instead of covering the Sydney Olympics Craig was confined to a padded cell in a mental institution and later diagsed as suffering bipolar disorder. This catastrophe t only denied Craig his place at the Games, it almost ruined his career and turned his role as devoted husband and father into a living hell. From his initial shocking breakdown to his gradual and eventual recovery, Craig sifts through the evidence to identify the warning signs that might have told him he was in serious trouble. This trail identifies a family man who could be so typical of any of us. It illustrates that mental illness is t something that just happens to other people. It is an issue much closer to home and touches many more lives than we could ever imagine.
- Author BiographyCraig Hamilton is a sports commentator on ABC's weekly Grandstand program. He's been an Ambassador for Beyond Blue since 2005 and does many presentations around the country for them. Craig speaks regularly at conferences, including the Comcare National Conference twice, Community Forums, workplaces and schools. Workplace requests for Craig to talk are increasing as more information is sought about depression, anxiety and all the work/life balance issues that go with the busy pace of life today. Last year, Craig gave the Grace Groom Oration at the Canberra Press Club to commemorate the former CEO of the Mental Health Council of Australia. Neil Jameson is a writer and commentator whose work has appeared in The Bulletin, The Weekend Australian Magazine, Gourmet Traveller, Australian Geographic, Scotland on Sunday and numerous other publications. A former Fairfax-trained journalist, he has recently completed a 15-year term as senior writer with Nine's Wide World of Sports.
- Author(s)Craig Hamilton,Neil Jameson
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationMilsons Piont
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2005
- Weight196 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.