All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- Description'A page-turner...a terrific read' Susan Sallis A powerful tale of survival and hardship, very well crafted and with strong characters - Publishing News Broken Rainbows - Book Seven of the Hearts of Gold series by Catrin Collier It is 1942 and, in the wake of America's entry into the war, the small community of Pontypridd suffers its own - t entirely welcome - GI invasion. The South Carolina Regiment billeted on the town soon cuts a swathe through its women, living up to GI's reputation as over-paid, over-sexed and over here . For Bethan, whose husband is a POW in Germany, and her friend Alma, whose husband is missing, the arrival of the American officers brings new and dangerous friendships. While for Jenny, a bitter young war widow, it is a chance to bury her grief in a series of one-night stands. The women are caught between loyalty to their men folk and the very real attraction of the GIs, and when tragedy strikes the mines, the tension reaches breaking point...
- Author BiographyCatrin Collier is Wales' most prolific and well-known author of historical, romantic fictions. The daughter of a Prussian refugee mother and Welsh father, she grew up in Pontypridd. She has written 19 novels for Orion. Her first historical novel Hearts of Gold, was filmed as a mini-series by the BBC in 2003. She lives with her family on the Gower Peninsula, near Swansea. She also writes crime fiction under the pen name Katherine John.
- Author(s)Catrin Collier
- PublisherAccent Press Ltd
- Date of Publication22/08/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleHearts of Gold Series
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationPembroke Dock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAccent Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.