About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of seafaring sagas displays how sailors fight their way across vast waters, face unkwn dangers, and find the courage to battle forces of nature with amazing fortitude. This collection includes the story of Mike Plant, America's greatest solo sailing racer, as he headed out to sea from New York harbor never to be seen again; the journey of one man on a wooden fishing skiff who faced an early sea ice storm to search desperately for a lost partner; the courageous adventure of Gerry Spiess aboard Yankee Girl, a 10-foot home-built plywood sloop, as he left Long Beach, California, to begin a bold voyage in the smallest craft ever to sail across the Pacific Ocean; and the tragic legend of the men aboard the Edmund Fitzgerald who found themselves in a deadly race against time as a terrible storm deepened. These powerfully retold stories will sweep readers into the world of high seas adventure and desperate survival of outstanding sailors aboard memorable boats.
- Author BiographyMarlin Bree is a veteran boater and the author of 'Alone Against the Atlantic', 'Wake of the Green Storm', 'Call of the North Wind', and 'In the Teeth of the Northeaster'. He lives in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Marlin Bree
- PublisherMarlor Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationSt Paul, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarlor Press
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight344 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.39Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $30.09
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.