All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionDeena Bouknight's debut contemporary vel, Broken Shells, explores how boundary lines are tampered with and buried pains are unearthed when an aging white woman discovers that her long-time elderly black servant is dying. Two seemingly separate narratives become more obviously interwoven as the stories unfold. There is drama and humor in this southern tale - a heartfelt look at human frailities, and the importance of forgiveness and spiritual renewal. If you liked The Help or Driving Miss Daisy, you will enjoy Broken Shells as an endearing vel.
- Author BiographyAuthor Deena Bouknight lived in Western North Carolina for 10 years and now resides in South Carolina with her husband and two adopted children. She is a freelance writer, contributing to regional, national, and international publications for more than 30 years. She has written a children's book, A Wintry Day Walk, and contributed to three non-fiction books: Portraits of Grace, Humor for a Sister's Heart, and Big Book of Christmas Joy. She is also a teacher of literature and writing.
- Author(s)Deena Bouknight
- Date of Publication09/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.