CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionLike all good historical vels, 'Broken Songs' reveals what it was like for ordinary people to live through the great events of the history books. Through the eyes of the mostly apolitical fifteen-year-old protagonist we experience the songs and flags, the radio propaganda of the last year of World War 2; frequent air raids, taking shelter in the catacombs, emerging each time to assess the damage and see people digging bodies out of the rubble, often with their bare hands become the routine. In spite of her harsh and punitive mother, who thrusts too much responsibility for her younger half-brothers on her, there are moments of happiness, as friends and neighbours have to incorporate extraordinary experiences into their daily routine.
- Author(s)Graziella Hlawaty
- PublisherAriadne Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationRiverside, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAriadne Press
- Weight270 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.