Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an accessible guide to Jane Eyre that explores its literary and historical contexts and discusses its critical reception. Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre is one of the most famous literary works of the nineteenth century and has inspired generations of students. This concise but comprehensive guide to the text introduces its contexts, language, reception and adaptation from its first publication to the present. It includes points for discussion, suggestions for further study and an antated guide to relevant reading. This introduction to the text is the ideal companion to study, offering guidance on: Literary and historical context; Language, style and form; Reading the text; Critical reception and publishing history; Adaptation and interpretation; and, Further reading. Continuum Reader's Guides are clear, concise and accessible introductions to key texts in literature and philosophy. Each book explores the themes, context, criticism and influence of key works, providing a practical introduction to close reading, guiding students towards a thorough understanding of the text. They provide an essential, up-to-date resource, ideal for undergraduate students.
- Author BiographyZoe Brennan is Senior Lecturer in English at the University of the West of England, UK.
- Author(s)Zoe Brennan
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleA Reader's Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.