All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionTap dancing legends Fayard (b. 1914) and Harold (1918-2000) Nicholas amazed crowds with their performances in musicals and films from the 30s to the 80s. They performed with Gene Kelly in The Pirate, with Cab Calloway in Stormy Weather, with Dorothy Dandridge (Harold's wife) in Sun Valley Serenade, and with a number of other stars on the stage and on the screen. Author Hill t only guides readers through the brothers' showstopping successes and the repressive times in which their dancing won them universal acclaim, she also offers extensive insight into the history and choreography of tap dancing, bringing readers up to speed on the art form in which the Nicholas Brothers excelled.
- Author BiographyConstance Valis Hill's articles and reviews have appeared in such publications as Dance Magazine, The Village Voice, and Dance Research Journal. She lives in Albany, New York. Gregory Hines is a world-renowned tap dancer and actor.
- Author(s)Constance Valis Hill,Gregory Hines
- PublisherCooper Square Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication23/04/2002
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCooper Square Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.