All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a story about fear, of somebody out of his depth in a world made strange to him by events he cant fully comprehend. It is a vel about Ken Flood being pulled by family loyalties along paths of experience which would be best left unexplored. Ken Flood lives a quiet life with his wife, Doreen, and two daughters in Plymouth, working as a lecturer in the University. He minds his own business and is relatively happy with life. Until, that is, his brother Norman arrives unexpectedly one day asking for help. Norman works for the government or so Ken assumes. He only visits a few times a year usually to sail the yatch they jointly own. Ken's daughters, Pauline and Tracy are devoted to their uncle. Norman puts forward a proposition to Ken which will help him avoid those pursuing him. What his brother asks appears to Ken to verge on an attempt pull him into the murky waters on the edges of crime. Ken has to decide quickly whether to help his brother out of brotherly love or let his brother face his unkwn pursuers alone. Reluctantly Ken agrees to help and soon finds himself outside the law, being chased by people he does t kw, trying to deliver a mysterious package, given to him by his brother, to a man he has never met in London. Ken's decision to help his brother sends him into hiding, pursued by people he does t kw, unable to call anybody a friend, holding onto information his brother told him was important but which Ken had idea of the contents. In a dramatic climax after fear filled weeks of running and hiding from enemies he could t identify, Ken comes to kw the truth about his brother and how Ken has been fooled. Along the way there are chance encounters with people who through friendship are willing to help.
- Author BiographyBorn and educated in Southampton, Eddie Gubbins served for twelve years as an officer in the British merchant navy after leaving school. During this time he gained experience in operating oil tankers, cargo liners and cross channel ferries, visiting many countries all over the world. In 1969 he left the sea to read for a degree at Plymouth Polytechnic and on graduation became a lecturer. In 1975 he accept a post at Loughborough University were he lectured on transport related subjects. In 1998 he took early retirement with a part time teaching contract. He still has wide interests in transport and many contacts in the shipping industry. He is now retired.
- Author(s)MR Eddie Gubbins
- Date of Publication31/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.