All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.35
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.89
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $64.96
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $41.77
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
About this product
- DescriptionTom Hanks introduces the rousing story of two inseparable friends and soldiers portrayed in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers.William Wild Bill Guarnere and Edward Babe Heffron were among the first paratroopers of the U.S. Army-members of an elite unit of the 101st Airborne Division called Easy Company. Arguably the bravest, most efficient, physically fit, and tight-knit group of soldiers the Army has ever produced, the unit was called upon for every high-risk operation of the war, including D-Day, Operation Market Garden in Holland, the Battle of the Bulge, and the capture of Hitler's Eagle's Nest in Berchtesgaden.Both fought side-by-side until Guarnere lost his leg in the Battle of the Bulge and was sent home. Heffron went on to liberate concentration camps and rake Hitler's Eagle's Nest hideout. United by their experience, the two reconnected at the war's end and have been the best of friends ever since. Their story is a tribute to the lasting bond forged between comrades in arms-and to all those who fought for freedom.
- Author BiographyWilliam Wild Bill Guarnere, a U.S. paratrooper during World War II, was portrayed in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers, produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks. Guarnere, a tough street kid, grew up in South Philly and went on to become brothers in battle and best of friends with Edward Babe Heffron. Edward Babe Heffron, a U.S. paratrooper during World War II, was portrayed in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers, produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks. Heffron, a thoughtful and introspective boy, grew up in South Philly and went on to become brothers in battle and best of friends with William Wild Bill Guarnere. Robyn Post has been a professional journalist for thirteen years. She profiled William Wild Bill Guarnere and Edward Babe Heffron, two U.S. paratroopers portrayed in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers, for Philadelphia Magazine. Reader of over four hundred audiobooks, Dick Hill has won three coveted Audie Awards and been nominated numerous times. He is also the recipient of several AudioFile Earphones Awards. AudioFile includes Dick on their prestigious list of Golden Voices.
- Author(s)Edward Heffron,Robyn Post,William Guarnere
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication02/10/2007
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Dick Hill
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time630
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.