All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDebbie Allen's contemporary retelling ofthe classic tale The Twelve Dancing Princesses with illustrations from Kadir Nelson! Reverend Knight can't understand why his twelve sons' sneakers are torn to threads each and every morning, and the boys aren't talking. They kw their all-night dancing wouldn't fit with their father's image in the community. Maybe Sunday, a pretty new nanny with a knack for getting to the bottom of household mysteries, can crack the case. This modern, hip retelling of the classic tale The Twelve Dancing Princesses bursts with vibrant artwork and text that's as energetic as the twelve toe-tapping Knight brothers themselves. A funky, fresh adaptation. Publishers Weekly This is a high-flying alternative to the tale's usual dainty renditions. Kirkus Reviews
- Author BiographyDebbie Allen is an award-winning producer, actress, director, and choreographer. Her books include Brothers of the Night, Dancing in the Wings, and Amistad: Give us Free. She lives in Los Angeles, California Kadir Nelson, New York Timesbestselling author and two-time Caldecott Honor winner lives in San Diego, California.
- Author(s)Debbie Allen,Kadir Nelson
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication19/11/2001
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Wayland
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width216 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.